Thursday, December 6, 2012

Coffee Thins Cookies

Although I don't often drink coffee, I love the flavor of coffee in most any way I can find it. When I found this recipe, it immediately appealed to me and I now have the cookie dough getting cold and ready for slicing and baking in my refrigerator. I mentioned this particular cookie in a previous post and got a request for the recipe. Thought there might be others interested in trying it, too.

Coffee Thins
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
Pinch of cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup packed, dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon instant coffee or espresso powder, dissolved in 2 teaspoons coffee-flavored liqueur
2 teaspoons freshly grated orange zest
Combine flour, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl. In a large bowl, beat the butter and brown sugar until well blended; stir in the dissolved coffee. Add the flour mixture; mix well until the dough is blended and begins to clump together.

Form the dough into a squared-off log 7 inches long, wrap in saran or waxed paper and refrigerate for three hours or until quite firm.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut into 1/4-inch slices; set them one inch apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until the tops look dry and edges are slightly browned, about 10-12 minutes. Finish cooling on wire rack. (From Fine Cooking Magazine Holiday Issue 2012)

No comments: