Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Rainy day didn't happen . . .

After a very warm yesterday, the weatherman almost promised is some rain today. The morning was promising with crisp air and overcast conditions. I started baking bread so, naturally, it warmed up outside immediately! I was kind of hoping for a cool evening to enjoy hot soup and fresh bread. I'm not going to complain TOO much because we are blessed WITH hot soup and fresh bread!

The up and down temperatures are making life interesting. No sooner than we put away our sweaters and jackets, it gets cold . . . then summer hot . . . then rainy . . . I told friends we were having 'menopause weather' with hot weather flashes hitting us without warning!

A good day of working on my household chores so that I could work on a quilt without too much guilt! It is another crazy quilt but twice as crazy as there are six specific shapes yet once they are all sewn together it looks like a scrap quilt. This is my second one with this pattern. It is comprised of 42 squares and besides cutting out the required 336 pieces of fabric, I actually managed to piece together 7 of the 42 squares today.

The soup du jour is Cream of Celery which is a favorite of my younger son. Of my four children, he is the most adventurous in trying new foods and recipes. His siblings are away at college so he is most happy to be playing the part of the 'only' child!

The news sure isn't pleasant for the most part these days! I leave the radio on while I work and . . . deep sigh here! Lots of prayers needed in this old world of ours.

No comments: