Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My Blessed Penny . . .

I read a story about a wealthy gentleman who had a habit of stopping to pick up pennies he might come across in his walks. Someone asked him if that was the reason he was well off, that he saved every penny. He said that when he found a penny in his path, he picks it up and reads, "In God We Trust" and takes it as God's reminder that He is always watching out for us. I stopped taking random pennies for granted after that.

Since that time, it seems that whenever I'm between two decisions and finally go against MY inclinations and make the decision that is more correct for the situation at hand, even if it goes against my immediate wants, I almost always run across a penny on the ground soon after. There are no coincidences with God so I usually pocket my penny find, smile, and am renewed in the fact that God cares so much.

No comments: