Saturday, January 26, 2013

Protecting reputations . . .

http://kirkcameron.com/2013/01/protecting-your-spouses-reputation/

This was a great reminder of how much power we all share in the words we use and the words we hold safely in our hearts. I used to have a friend that always made me feel uneasy. It wasn't because I didn't enjoy the friendship but the fact that her spouse was very seldom mentioned in a Christian manner. She considered her marriage rock solid but I literally recoiled every time she threw out a discouraging word at her husband or about her husband when he wasn't present.

The friend has wandered off into the past and after the initial hurt, I look back and should have seen this coming. My only question, now, is how my reputation is faring in her discussions with current acquaintances.

No comments: