Thursday, April 7, 2011

Time escapes most readily . . .

Interesting to look back and remember how slow time seemed to go when I was a child. It was months and months and months until my birthday or any holiday and once the anticipated event had come and gone, I was back on the lengthy waiting list.

Even with all the planning and preparations for my wedding day, the time seemed to drag. Once the vows were said and done, the 'movie' of my life zipped into fast forward and I find myself 27 years down the road with grown children.

Most of my family enjoy sleeping in on weekends or any chance they get. Even as a child, I was always up first - much to my mother's dismay. I've continued that way my whole life. I don't so much anticipate the day but get up in time to share it's very first moments.

"Oh! do not attack me with your watch. A watch is always too fast or too slow. I cannot be dictated to by a watch." - Jane Austen

No comments: