Thursday, December 6, 2012

Christmas Baking Has Begun!

 A departure from my using beginning of the holiday baking season - all the cookie dough I prepared yesterday was from recipes new to me. No tried and true ones . . . yet!

The first cookies of the season are: Chocolate Marble (pictured in the process), Maple Pecan, Coffee Thins, Toffee Butter, Orange Poppy Seed, Toasted Coconut, and Hazelnut Butter Cookies. The reason we go for so many kinds is that I enjoy baking and having a reason to bake. Christmas gives me good reason as a large plate of homemade cookies is our gift to friends and family.

My son and daughter enjoyed the smell of cookie dough being mixed but not a baked cookie was in sight. I had time before dinner so tried yet another new cookie - a Butter Oatmeal that was made interesting/special with a very light sprinkling of coarse salt on the top before baking. I have to tell you that when I read 'oatmeal cookie', my mind goes to raisins and spice so it was hard for me to actually make the recipe as written . . . but I was glad I did because it didn't need either the spice or raisins. Interesting cookie and obviously popular as very few were left by the time everyone went to bed last night. Yes, another batch may appear for placement on Christmas cookie plates.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: