Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A Treat for My Husband . . .


When I was shopping, this morning, I noticed that Phyllo dough was on sale. Since I already knew I had chopped spinach and Feta at home, it was a no-brainer that I would be taking the time to make some Spanikopita this afternoon. It is a Greek treat I tried when I was in Greece (way, WAY back in my youth!). I liked it so much, I came home and figured out my own version of it. My son has just indulged in one, hot from the oven, and gave his approval.

It is basically a spinach/Feta filling. Some people use cream cheese in the mixture. I prefer going with the spinach, Feta, and a tablespoon or two of grated Romano along with salt, pepper, herbs, onions, and garlic.

My husband has been working hard the last few weeks with his job and getting his summer garden in order. We won't talk about the ongoing negotiations he has had with a sudden gopher population! This is one of his favorite snacks so he has a nice plate of them to take to work for his breaks tomorrow.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: