Saturday, March 17, 2012

You need all the pieces to make a quilt . . .

I found a great quilting site but especially enjoyed the quotes. I could relate to several of them and thought I'd share a few of my favorite.

*Blessed are the children of the piecemakers as they shall inherit the quilts.
*Finished is way better than perfect.
*Friends are threads of gold in the quilt of life.
*I am a material girl. Wanna see my fabric collection?
*I only think about quilts on the days that end in "y".

For more quotes and some neat ideas and links on quilting, you can check it all out on:
http://www.aprairiehomequilts.com/quilting-resources/quilting-quotes.html

I had an interesting thought as I worked on a quilt yesterday. A quilt just won't hang together unless each piece of fabric has a place in which to connect to another piece in the quilt. Life is like that. We all have a place in the 'big quilt' and a connection. Makes me wonder about the 'holes' left by abortion. God has a place for every person He creates. Now that 36 years have passed since the legalization of abortion, thousands of murdered babies would have been established in careers, parents, doctors, etc. had they been allowed to live. Seems to me that come Judgement Day, God is going to reveal what was lost to the world because these 'pieces of fabric' never made it to the quilt of life.

No comments: