Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Your duty is your job . . .

I've met people who have put religious events or extra prayer times ahead of everything thinking that is what God would want. Although I am the first to say that I do not know what God wants and struggle much like everyone else to discern my place in His scope of the world, I do think that, sometimes, we have responsiblities that supercede spending time alone in prayer. As mothers, we should know this beyond a shadow of a doubt yet I often hear mother relate how they had to get fast food for dinner because they wanted to do some extra devotion, etc. I think Padre Pio had it right:

“Duty before everything, even something holy” ~St.Padre Pio

If you think about it, doing your duty by your family and husband IS a form of prayer that you give and gift to them.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love this Padre Pio quote Barbara!!!!

I am glad that you have safely returned from your trip!

I am still on bedrest, but they have stopped the med that was stopping the contractions...looking forward to the baby's arrival and being able to move again!

Stephanie from Cathswap

Barbara Maria said...

I'll send a prayer your way that the delivery goes without a hitch and you have your baby in your arms soon!

Although I do not obsess about problems with travel, these days, it is always something at the back of your mind! We were blessed with a great trip. It meant so much more given the fact that we worked so hard to manage it. Still recovering from jet lag but I'd do it all over, again!