Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Easing our way toward payday . . .

 Payday is next week and I'm trying to live 'out of the cupboard' until then. I have some money set aside for emergencies but am trying to see that buying food is not considered one! I went through the freezer today and discovered three chicken thighs and a container of chicken soup I saved from another meal. My husband claims that all our meals are related from the first day we got married. Initially, I thought about making cream of chicken soup with the diced chicken thighs and lots of vegetables and potatoes to stretch it out. Then I remembered the new baking dishes we found on sale a week or so ago. I figured that if I was going to thicken up the broth for a cream soup, I might as well make a crust and have chicken pot pies. My children were very happy and the cats, who got some leftovers, gave it two paws up.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: