Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Interesting experience . . .

My son and I went Christmas shopping for my husband's gift this year. He is difficult to shop for so I was thrilled to find an ad on the table with two items I knew he would like. I know he didn't put it there for a hint because this particular store hands them out as you exit or puts them in your shopping bag. We headed over to the store, this morning, and were looking around for the item when a clerk offered to help us. He couldn't find the item but said that the ad had expired yesterday. Since the price, without the sale, was still reasonable, I resigned myself to not saving $10 on the purchase. The clerk said I should ask his boss if I could have yesterday's price which I was hesitant to do. Before I could voice my concerns about doing this, the clerk saw his boss and he asked the his boss who immediately okayed it! Nothing like a bargain with an adventure. It kind of shows you that it never hurts to ask because all they can do to you is say no. Still, I'm glad the clerk took the lead on this deal! Naturally, my teenage son is dying a thousand deaths because we aren't going to prescribed norms in shopping according to teenagers.

Happy to say that I am just about done with Christmas shopping. We cut way back this year because we should learn to live with less and we just don't know where the economy is heading from day to day. I still have some crocheting to complete if I can find just one more skein of yarn in the color I ran out of yesterday. Still have a couple of packages to mail overseas but I can now concentrate on the Advent Season and prepare my house and heart for Christmas. Our pastor told us on Sunday that Christmas is not about presents and parties but a renewal of our longing and waiting for the Second Coming. It is a time to doubly prepare our hearts and souls so we don't take the chance of experiencing fear and dread upon the Savior's final arrival here on earth. Good thoughts to complete the season.

No comments: