Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Fun shopping . . .

I think they must hire the same stock clerk for the yarn section at all Walmarts. A few weeks ago, I needed another skein of the cream-colored yarn I was using and dropped by the store. I grabbed the skein and was about to head for the cash register when I looked at the yarn more closely . . . It didn't seem to quite match. I checked the name and it was 'vanilla' and not 'off white' which is the one I wanted. It was very close but would have shown up worked into the project in progress. I noticed that the 'off white' bin was empty but the 'vanilla' bin was overflowing. The stock clerk had given the yarn a passing glance and deemed it all 'white'. I couldn't help myself -  I separated them out into the proper bins!

Today, we ventured over to another Walmart location because, again, I had run out of 'dark sage'. My husband decided to treat me to four, new skeins for the news project. He liked what he called 'cream' colored yarn. I grabbed the first two and even my color blind husband immediately saw there was a slight but definite difference. It was the vanilla vs. off white all over again! Yes, most of the skeins had been dumped in one place regardless of the name on the label. Yes, I sorted them out, again! Guess it is sort of like life in that little differences can make a big difference in the scheme of things.

No comments: