Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Candy-Making Week?

I've just about exhausted my energy on the cookie-baking level and am thinking of making Christmas candy next. I like to deliver the goodies to my friends and neighbors early in the season before everyone is flooded with sweets and treats. I remember to purchase some small, foil candy cups for making the Peanut Butter Cups. I'm definitely going to try the Peppermint Truffles, too. I have almonds on hand so will use a block of white candy coating to make almond bark. My husband had requested Peppermint Bark. There will be some fudge in the feature and probably chocolate walnut . . . just because that is my favorite!

I have a friend coming home this weekend and want to try out a recipe to honor that homecoming. I found it on the back of the bag of sugar and it has been something I've been looking for in the way of cookie recipes. It is a soft sugar cookie with a buttercream frosting. The thick frosting will lend itself to food color, sprinkles, toasted nuts, and crushed peppermint candy. I'm looking forward to trying it and will share it if it works out as I hope.

No comments: