Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Just 'picked' out some work for myself . . .

 
My husband and I just 'picked out' some work for me, today. Between the range of warm to hot weather, the tomato plants are doing well this year. I thought I was going to head into the day with my sewing machine overheating in creative endeavors but two bowls of tomatoes tell me otherwise. Since I already put several containers of spaghetti sauce in the freezer, I think it is time to just peel, slice, and freeze this bunch.

So many tomatoes . . . It is reminding me of that crazy movie made years ago called Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. Very silly but funny movie with no rhyme or reason other than to make you either groan or laugh.

Interesting note to anyone who doesn't already know this: The easiest way to peel a tomato is to dip it into boiling water for a minute or two and then dump it into ice water. The skin will come right off. Same thing works with cling-free peaches.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: