Thursday, June 7, 2012

Pop Tarts - made at home!

Alton Brown is one of my favorite chefs on the Food Network channel. He always comes up with unique or improved ideas on old favorites. He works on everyone's level without looking down on anyone for lack of expertise. He makes the idea of cooking fun and productive. I don't always try all his recipes but he is a go-to person when I'm looking for something special. My daughter just sent me this link for a recipe by Alton Brown. It is his homemade take on toaster pastries or, as we all know them, pop tarts. Reading this recipe, I realized that this not-so-great packaged 'treat' can be much improved upon. Thought I'd share this find with you. Imagine all the creative ways one can go with the filling!
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there this is kind of of off topic but I was wanting to know if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if
you have to manually code with HTML. I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding expertise so I wanted to get advice from someone with experience. Any help would be enormously appreciated!
My blog - www.ehowtomakesushi.com

Barbara Maria said...

Not being extremely computer literate, my son informed me that since I use Google for my Blog, I am most likely going with HTML. I found it very easy to set up the blog with Google. Eventually, I'd like to get a Blog that might have more details, perks, etc. but, for now, this has worked well for me. Enjoyed looking at your www site! My younger daughter is into Asian cuisine, rice roll, etc.