Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Chicken Marsala

 
Several years ago, we were treated out to dinner at an Italian restaurant. I ordered something new to me - Chicken Marsala. It was excellent but expensive and there wasn't sufficient of the delicious sauce for the pasta. I was up to the challenge and spent a few weeks researching before coming up with my own version that suited everyone in the family AND provided adequate amounts of my own delicious sauce.

My younger son has develope an odd sleeping and waking schedule. I thought I was over that when he got past the baby stage and at age, sixteen, thought it was a thing of the past. He hasn't been eating as well as my motherly side would dictate. I've learned, however, to let nature and teen sensibilities take their course. Seems that dinner, yesterday, was part of the cure because he ate every bite on his plate. We didn't dare to breathe lest it break the spell but he happily cleaned his plate and he had smiling parents.

Happily, for me, I cooked a large beef roast on Sunday so have plenty of leftovers for this evening's dinner which means I have an extra hour of sewing today! I'm big at using up leftovers even down to saving half a cup of beef or chicken broth from a meal. My husband's favorite remark when enjoying his dinner is, "So, how many former dinners did you cannabalize to make this one?"
Posted by Picasa

No comments: