Saturday, August 13, 2011

Culinary Mission Accomplished!

 
Couldn't resist and tried a batch of the Honeycomb candy recipe I posted earlier. It was very easy to do. I tested the sugar mixture for 'doneness' by dropping a dab in a cup of cold water. When it held and hardened, it was time for the baking soda. My only change would be to sift the baking soda into the pot for more even distribution. I got a few, tiny white lumps but it still tastes good.

My son suggested drizzling chocolate and white coating on the pieces after they are cracked into serving sizes. Less mess than coating them all and then cracking the candy.

I now have something new for my Christmas giving this year.

The candy is crispy, chewy, hard and tastes like toasted honey. Not bad at all!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: