Saturday, August 13, 2011

Life can be strange for a dog . . .

 
When I came into the house, this morning, my dog pushed her way in - which is not allowed! I tried to get her out but she was strongly focused on . . . something. I followed her line of sight and she was seeing a stuffed animal one of my children had left on the front door landing. She wasn't trying to attack it but was serverely disturbed by the fact that we didn't seem upset about a CAT being in our house. My daughter brought her over to the cat toy and the dog approached very carefully. She tiptoed up and carefully sniffed it extensively. She looked confused as it didn't smell like a CAT. She went back to her place by the backdoor but kept her eye on the CAT.

I'm thinking how confusing it must be for a dog trying to figure out what is going on at all times. Chick is still trying to figure out why we have three 'food' boxes yet give her so little of their contents. Although she is interested in the refrigerator 'food box' and the freezer 'food box', she would really like to get into the garbage can 'food box'. She sighs a lot as she can see that WE just do not understand how we could make HER life so much more happy!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: