Friday, March 23, 2012

My lunch in Lent?

 I try to fast between meals during Lent. This year, I decided to go a step further and make sure the meals were healthier and I wasn't filling up on 'fun' food in order to cope with the time span linking the food intake. That was harder.

After a couple weeks of sort of feeling a bit sorry for myself, I slowly realized that I was craving junk food less and actually looking forward to my lunch. I keep strict time schedules on this and noticed my hunger was in line with noon time exactly. I keep to basically the same items every day because I have noted that once I allow creativity to creep in, I start adding foods that aren't always that good for me.

As you can see, I put together my lunch in a nice way. My 'main' meal is a couple of string cheese sticks, three ounces of raw broccoli, and five ounces of bell peppers. The olives are a treat my husband bought for me. Dessert is an apple and two kiwis. It doesn't stuff me but it keeps me going until dinner at six or so.

After I took the picture, it came to mind that I was very blessed in my lunch routine and the fact that I had access to enough fruits and vegetables to satisfy health and hunger needs. Yes, there are times when a greasy donut or a bar of chocolate almost sounds good but I've gotten happily used to my fresh food lunch.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: