Saturday, February 11, 2012

You say . . . WHAT?

I am so tired of people proclaiming their Catholic standing while acting in direct opposition to the teachings of the Catholic Church.  What is further dismaying is the lack of response from these people's priests and bishops. Last Ash Wednesday, biden and peolosi proudly paraded their ashes for all to see and 'venerate' while participating in and planning legislation that undermines the Catholic Church. Where are the clergy who should be reprimanding them for this? Wouldn't this display of anti-Catholic actions and speech be considered grounds for excommunication? No, we can't personally maintain they are/should be excommunicated but once the actions are public . . . ?

Okay, suppose their pastors/bishops don't want to entangle themselves in this situation (shame on them!) . . . How can they, however, continue to give them the Blessed Sacrament and demean It by offering It to someone who has taken a side against the Faith?

Since I am not 'one of the powers that be' in the Catholic Church, I can only sigh deeply and pray. I do want to set the record straight on the latest peoloi statement and clearly separate myself from what she has said:

“First of all, I am going to stick with my fellow Catholics in supporting the Administration on this. I think it was a very courageous decision that they made, and I support it,” the minority leader responded.

She is definitely not any 'fellow Catholic' of mine and she ceased to stand by me or my Church the moment she opened her mouth on this. What does she find courageous in trying to force people to violate their conscience and go against the preceipts of their Faith? Shame on her and the pastors that
don't contradict her on this erroneous statement?

No comments: