Monday, November 14, 2011

Perhaps we are just a bit crazy . . .

While out shopping, we found a sale on turkeys only they were under 12 pounds and too small for serving our guests on Thanksgiving. My husband decided to do a small version of Thanksgiving to try out some roasting ideas for the turkey. My husband is always in charge of the turkey and he is always looking for ways to improve it. We didn't go full out but did have dressing, sweet potatoes, cranberries, and gravy.

So far, I have the next two nights off from cooking! We have leftover lasagna from last night and leftover turkey for the next day. Guess I have no excuse to not get my chores done this week!

I did discover a better way to make the cranberry sauce this year. I used both dried cranberries and fresh ones with orange juice and orange zest and a bit of sugar. The texture was good and the taste of the cranberries deeper but more mellow.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: