Tuesday, November 29, 2011

My new, possibly, favorite cookie recipes . . .

I just went through the cookie link I posted earlier today and found some interesting ones that don't match up to anything in my tried and true files. I don't know which ones appealed to you all, but these are the ones I'm bound and determined to include in my baking.

Kittencal's Jumbo Chewy Bakery-Style Chocolate Chip Cookies - I have a similar one in my collection but this one added coffee creamer which intrigued me. I already add coffee creamer to my buttercream frostings with good results so figure this is a good thing.

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies - I know, another oatmeal cookie but I like the moist, chewy aspect and I already haven enough recipes that produce great crisp versions.

Cinnamon Cookies - I like the scent of cinnamon and these seem to be different than the usual Snickerdoodle cookies. Not that there is anything wrong with Snickerdoodles but two, very different cinnamon cookies on the cookie plate can only be a good thing.

World's Best Butter Cookies - Looking forward to my personal determination as to the world's best status on this recipe but it is very basic and those type of recipes seem to produce the most memorable cookies and become baking standbys.

The Most Wonderful Gingerbread Cookies - Anything with ginger and molasses is a good start. I'm interested in the fact that the dough needs to rest before using. Also, you can roll out thin cookies for crisp and thicker one for a softer version.

Peanut Butter Balls - I made these, last year, and lost my recipe! I was pleased to find it on this site and now have it carefully copied and ready for production in the near future. It's a no-bake recipe but they will pull you off whatever diet you are trying to observe and you won't scream or kick at all.

No comments: