Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Most Wonderful Gingerbread Cookies

Have to say that this is a very good cookie. I didn't have time to fuss with them today but they didn't really need anything more than themselves. The ginger taste was fresh and spicy. They are tender yet sturdy enough to ice and decorate. I tried making thin and thicker ones and preferred the thicker cookie. After my own Gingersnap recipe, this one gets very high marks and I will be making them, again. My older son likes spicy cookies but lives overseas. I'm thinking that a batch of these would survive the trip and be enjoyed by him.

Using parchment paper instead of greasing the cookie sheets was a great time saver today. The cookies didn't stick and slid right off onto the cooling racks. I didn't have six baking sheets to scrub which is always a plus for me.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: