Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Gluten-Free Bread - Recognizable as Bread!

 I've been baking 'things' that are supposed to be bread. They have tasted okay and were handy for bread puddings or crumbs for breading chicken, etc. I had yet, however, to produce a loaf of gluten-free bread that looked and tasted like the real deal . . . until today!

I found the recipe in Gluten-Free on a Shoestring - Quick and Easy. As you can see the recipe worked well and we enjoyed our chicken soup accompanied with bread and butter. I highly recommend the book.

The interesting aspect of this recipe was that it wasn't as touchy as some have been where you have to either hurry or avoid working with the dough too much. You basically mixed the ingredients together, dumped it into a roomy container, and left it to sit in the refrigerator twelve hours to rise. It could also be left for up to a week. The bread had a great crust, good crumb, and a sour dough tang. I had better put another batch to rise as I'm afraid there might be some confrontations on the remaining half of the loaf.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: