Saturday, August 18, 2012

Is it real or not?

Every year, I get very frustrated at the disregard of Church rulings about unapproved apparitions and the posting of fliers for these conferences. This week, the annual Medjugorje one went up. I realize that it is up to each individual as to how they want to view this but posting it at a parish church gives undeserved credence to it that hasn't happened from the Vatican yet.

I was shown this link and found some interesting information in it.

http://www.catholictradition.org/Mary/medjugorje.htm

What caught my attention was the premise that Medjugorje could be distracting us from the verified words received at Fatima. Anyway, the priest I talk to about this says to concentrate on the proven until the unresolved is resolved. Not starting a 'religous war' here but just sharing some interesting information I hadn't heard or thought about until now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I completely agree! I've never felt good about the Medjugorje apparitions myself & have been rather disturbed at the number of clergy who have traveled there (and I know some). I'll steer clear of any/all non-Church approved things, thank you...why play with fire??