Thursday, July 21, 2011

Gingerbread Shortbread


I ran out of shortening and the results with using butter were a spicy cookie with a shortbread texture. No one is complaining!

After spending a couple of hours just doing my own sewing stuff, I decided to close down early and make the family a treat. My son isn't feeling well so I figured some ginger in his life (and stomach!) wouldn't go amiss.

As you can see from the pictures, my baking sheets are very, very old friends and show their wear. I wouldn't trade them for the world as they do such a good job of baking for me. I like the fact that they have rims which makes them double when I want to bake a batch of bar cookies or make a sheet cake.

It's funny what becomes a favorite in your life as you grow older!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: