Sunday, May 1, 2011

Count down . . .

After almost two years of scrimping, saving, and selling quilts another handicrafts, my son and I are less than two weeks away from a long-planned educational trip. When we were trying to decide on the adventure, it was between a tour of the shrines of Italy and a tour of the battlefields of World War II. Can you guess who won on this? Are their fox holes usually on tour in Italy? Yes, we are going to tour the route of soldiers during World War II with some emphasis on the Easy Company troops. I don't think I will have to pack a chapel veil and long skirt for this tour!

My husband very much opted to stay home. He went overseas, once, and that was enough for him. The flights are too long.

In honor of the count down, I spent the morning going over our lists, washing clothes, and making sure we aren't packing TOO much but ARE packing enough. I could easily become frantic while my son is merely extremely excited at his first vacation EVER. My husband, thinking of home cooked meales is saying this all sounded like a better idea ten months ago when we booked it. Seriously, he is happy for us and thrilled that my future history major son gets to experience some history first hand.

We aren't leaving until the middle of May so understand the silence on the blog until June first. God willing, I will be back on line promptly and hope to share some of our adventures. Until then, I will continue my ramblings from day to day until departure.

No comments: