Monday, April 18, 2011

A beautiful, drizzily, overcast day . . .

As you know by now, I like cold, damp days that drive me indoors to hang around my sewing machine and kitchen. After a very hot weekend, it was nice to wake up to a cool morning. My morning walk around the church before Mass this morning was wonderful even with a few, tiny raindrops adorning my sweater.

Have to get some shopping done today as my current quilt can't go on until I purchase a few yards of muslim. Sigh . . . Meanwhile, I started two more quilts as the ideas came into mind.

Although I have leftover beef roast for dinner, I'm thinking of slicing it thin and rolling it around a filling of cheese and spinach with a mushroom gravy. It is hard to understand people who hate to cook. It always seems like an adventure to me and, beside, I like to eat something nice, too.

By the way, brining chicken before baking it makes for a wonderful outcome! The white meat often gets a bit dry but not with the brining. Just have to remember to think ahead when chicken is on the menu!

No comments: