Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Looking for inspiration . . .

I'm looking for inspiration, today, in my quilting. I've gone back to crocheting lately but my mind is always running through the fabric I have on hand and what I can do with the next quilt I make. Probably, if I could sell some of the backlog of quilts I already have made, it might make room for more inspiration!

My husband found a place that sells fabric by the pound which is a unique concept. We plan to check it out when the weather clears and time permits as it is about an hour from our home. We ran a 'test' at home and it would actually be a good price by the pound. Now, I just have to see if the quality will be worth a second trip. I still prefer the fabric warehouse where the fabric is top quality, just out of season like that really matters when it is all cut up and rearranged into a quilt!

I'm finishing up an Our Lady of Guadeloupe quilt and will post a picture when it is completed. Just handsewing left on it.

This week, we are catching up on doctor visits for my son and that keeps us running in and out of the house most of the day. He is so appreciative, of course, to be getting all this poking and prodding not to mention the update on his vaccines! Can't drag a quilt into doctor's office to work on while you wait!

No comments: