Thursday, March 31, 2011

Every year I forget . . .

Although cold, crisp weather appeals to me the most, I have to admit that the shor

t span of really temperate weather that we call Spring here in California does have it's merits. I was reminded of this last night as I went to sleep.

We don't use our central air because of the high costs and our less than high budget. Since it was a bit warm, last night, my husband opened the windows and set up a couple of fans to meake it bearable. There was a slight breeze outside which accelerated the amount of fresh air that raced through our windows . . . along with the heady scent of the blossoms on our orange and lemon tree! The whole room was filled with the delicate smell and lulled me quickly to sleep. It wasn't bad waking up to it, again, this morning!

Heaven and the odor of sanctity are supposed to be a wonderfully, heavenly scent to our human senses. I certainly have to assume that orange blossoms have to play an important component in that ratio!

No comments: