Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Too many scraps, not enought time!

Unless I live to be 200 years old, I'm afraid I will never get every saved scrap of fabric turned into a quilt in the life time I'm allotted! I started off the day cutting strips of scraps to form an extension on the border of a, what else, a scrap quilt! Well, I really got into the cutting and ended up dragging out two of my scrap boxes and cut and cut and cut today! I finally let go of some inch by inch pieces of material that I kept because they were SO pretty! Useless, mostly, but pretty. I actually got a box of fabric pieces sorted out and enough strips cut to begin the borders tomorrow.

I keep my cutting table, sewing machine, and ironing board a distance from each other so I HAVE to get up to access any of them. It keeps the circulation going as I would probably just sit the entire day entranced with dreams of quilts to be!

The house is picked up. My darling, youngest son pushed me out of the kitchen to do the dishes so I think I've earned some crocheting time in front of the television.

Interesting as snow is predicted on the east coast while we are facing temperatures going up to the 90's tomorrow. I'm a cold-weather person so I needn't make any statements on this forecast! It was a beautiful day, today. The wind blew away the smog and fog and the mountains all around us were very visable and gorgeous with their recent snow storms. Hard to comprehend the anguish going on in other parts of the world when you see such a peaceful sight.

No comments: