Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Seamy side of quilting . . .

 I am still trying to catch up with my completed quilt tops and get them finished.  This is the back of a large crazy quilt I'm working on right now. I don't have a quilt frame so quilt square by square which eventually leaves me with a lot of blind stitch hemming to get the back of the quilt neatly closed. After having put in years of tiny stitches, people are often amazed as they can't see most of the stitches. This is another 'talent' that people dismiss about me with, "She is just good at that." when, in actuality, there are 20 years of practice behind the finished projects of today.

This quilt is just about ready for it's border and it is done! Nope, still not caught up but took a break to do 'ordinary' sewing, yesterday.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: