Thursday, May 31, 2012

Jumpers - A non-quilt sewing day . . .

 This is how I spent my sewing time, yesterday. In order to ease up on pending bills, etc., I make and sew little girl dresses, tote bags, and quilts. These two dresses were my current efforts. Why little girl dresses? I have two daughters who used to be little girls so I have a multitude of patterns. After wrestling with yards of fabric with a quilt, it is nice to work with a small amount and design a little dress. My son actually came up with putting the Blessed Mother print on the dress on the left. I had envisioned it with the purple one but it didn't quite click. My son pointed out the matching colors in the blue dress and the print and it worked. I don't know if he was that in tune with 'fashion' but it stopped me from bothering him!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: