Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Trying a new pattern . . .

 I enjoy doing the railroad pattern for quilts using straight bars of fabric. When I saw this one, it appealed to my abstract nature and I immediately started going through my scraps and cutting out a multitude of pieces to start a quilt. I like that it is the same but different and the pattern lends itself to the colors. Good thing, however, that I'm being treated to a trip to the fabric warehouse soon as I'm am out of sufficient fabric to provide a back to my quilts. This trip, I am going to take a square from each of my unfinished quilts so I remember which ones need help and what colors I need to complete them. I tend to enjoy the planning stage more than the finishing stage so will be stern with myself . . . probably.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: