Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Where have all the morals gone . . .?

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/planned-parenthood-speaker-good-parents-let-teens-have-sex-at-home

A keynote speaker supports, condones, and encourages parents to be 'open' with their children's sexuality and let them have premarital relationships happen in the family home. According to the speaker, when parents encourage morality, it widens the ties between families because the teens can't talk to them about their sexual exploits. The speaker refers, for an example,to the Netherlands that has allowed this for years. Parents in the Netherlands feel a teen should allowed to be sexually active from age sixteen! If you read the article, the birth rate, etc. reveals this to be true and not in a good way.

I grew up in the 'stone age' times when my parents said, "BE GOOD" and I knew they were serious. Thinking back on all the young men I either dated or would have liked to date, I don't think I had a platonic relationship worth going sexual with any of them and appreciated the strict code of morality instilled in me by my parents.

God created sex for marriage which is why it is referred to pro-creation and belongs within the bounds of a committed relationship.

I really realized how far off the skids the world had come when I was surfing through the television channels and came upon some show where a woman was claiming a man was the father of her baby. He denied it and a paternity test confirmed he was 'innocent' . . . at least in this case. The woman's reaction? She sobbed, "Now, I have to start all over, searching for the father of my baby!" This was the third guy she blamed so I can only assume she wasn't keeping track of her partners.

I remember someone proudly showing me pictures of her big, white dress wedding . . . She was over eight months pregnant . . . and proud of it. So, has the world lost respect for self control? Have we lost sight of morality? Do we think this is all negotiable once we face God at the end of our time?

No comments: