Friday, March 2, 2012

What if there is no one to speak for you?

I still have fellow parishioners who are voting for the incumbent president in 2012. The last three-plus years have not seeped any information they care to acknowledge into their brains. If you try to argue, they rant on about how President Bush ruined the country. When you tell them that President Bush isn't on the ballot, they stomp off in rage that you would dare malign their president if only speaking the truth. Pastor Martin Niemoller's saying is famous and speaks to us today . . . if we will listen.

Here is what Pastor Martin Niemoller said. He survived seven years in a Nazi concentration camp. He knows first hand of what he speaks.
First they came for the communists, and I didn’t speak out because I wasn’t a communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn’t speak out because I wasn’t a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out – because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for me — and there was no one left to speak for me.
The point isn’t religion. It’s freedom. Whether you are a Christian or not, whether you are pro-life or not, you should to be very concerned about this Obamacare mandate. If you are a citizen who enjoys their freedom, realize that the mandate is just a first step in taking away other freedoms. If you voted for the current president in 2008, perhaps, you need to reconsider your reasons for doing so then and see if they are valid for this upcoming election.

No comments: