Saturday, March 24, 2012

Spring is coming to our backyard . . .

 My camera and I investigated the first signs of Spring in our backyard this morning. Even before the last of the lemons and oranges are off the tree, the flower buds are appearing on the nearby branches. Besides our old and faithful orange tree, my husband planted another one, last year, and even it is madly sprouting flowers. The peach tree, however, beats them all in the pretty pink flowers that are bursting forth from the almost-bare Winter branches.

Last year was not a great year for peaches. I barely had enough extra ones to freeze two bags of them for cold weather desserts. I'm hoping it was merely a 'resting' period and we will be swamped with fruit come the summer months. We just have to be vigilant and fight off the big, fat, green June bugs and the birds for the first taste of juicy fruit!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: