Saturday, March 24, 2012

Chocolate Pudding Situation - Resolved!

Children home for Spring Break and more people around the dinner table. A great way to spend a evening! I enhanced the evening. a few weeks ago, with a simple dessert - chocolate pudding. Gosh, I remember when one, large box of mix was enough for six and now it took two of them to feed the hungry masses! Sign . . . Didn't have time to make it from scratch this time!

While I was making the pudding, I was trying to figure out how to serve it. I hate putting it all in one bowl and everyone slopping their serving into yet another dish. Even at their advanced college ages, I figured there might be some 'discussion' about who was getting more!

We aren't coffee drinkers yet we have a complete set of pretty mugs that came with the last set of dishes we purchased. Problem solved! I poured the hot pudding into individual mugs and popped them into the refrigerator. When dessert time arrived, I topped each with a swirl of whipped cream and everyone was happy. It looked pretty, too.

No comments: