Sunday, February 19, 2012

My sewing afternoon . . .

My husband gave me a half day off . . . After Mass, he and the children cleaned the house and I was ordered to sew . . . And, being the obedient wife that I am . . .! As the picture shows, I am heading for the finish on the current quilt project. You can see the stacks of new fabric that are longing to be made into a quilt. My mind has already left the busy work on completing the pictured quilt as I think about my next design idea. Actually, I have another quilt that is partially quilted that I put aside in order to finish the birthday one. If I was a grown up, mature person, I would surely pull that one out next . . . right? :-) Well . . . maybe!

The parents in this house (as in me and my husband!) didn't work well with sharp objects, today. I was trimming a seam and managed to snip my favorite shirt in the process. My husband outdid me by slashing two fingers with a utility knife. Lots of blood but a superficial wound. He went off to urgent care for a tetanus shot only to discover he had one three years ago. The doctor thoroughly cleaned the fingers, no stitches, and he is home, again. Interesting . . . It took all of 30 minutes for the drive to the urgent care, treatment, and back. There was no one there but doctors and nurses! The children have forbidden us to even think about running with scissors!

The promised rain didn't happen but the day is very cool so the chicken roasting in the oven is providing warmth and good smells!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: