Sunday, February 5, 2012

Amazing World . . .

Awhile back, I mentioned an elderly friend who needed prayers for an upcoming cancer surgery. The surgery took place last Wednesday and one guess who showed up at Mass this morning! Hospitals certainly don't keep people there long these days even 85 year olds! I was so surprised to see Carlos and his wife sitting in their usual pew this morning. Carlos is walking slowly but without a cane or walker. He looks much improved and the surgery was a huge success in that all the cancer was found and removed.

After Mass, Carlos wept with emotion as he asked me to send out a thank you to each and every person that prayed for him during this time. So, here I am relaying the message for him!

What a change in the world, however, with how soon people are sent home after surgery. When I had my c-section surgeries, they had me up and about within hours and on my way home in less than three days.  My second c-section took place on a Wednesday morning and I was at the mall that Saturday. My second two babies came the 'normal' way. One was worse than a c-section and the last was fast, easy, and unmedicated. I guess I can speak from all spectrums of the delivery process now!

The good news about Carlos certainly put a shine on this Sunday morning. The sun is up, the weather is moderate, and the wind condition is down to a mild breeze.

No comments: