Tuesday, January 3, 2012

An Observation . . .

I have a favorite shampoo that I use every day. I'm blessed  that the local warehouse store sells it in large bottles at a price I can afford. It is too expensive for my budget when purchased in the 'normal' sized bottles at the usual stores.

Anyway, this shampoo and conditioner works well with my hair, doesn't build up, or dry it out. The more I use it, the better behaved is my hair. It is actually good for my hair and I use it just for that fact. Every few months, however, I will glance over at the other varieties of shampoos being tried by my family and will fall to the temptation of using one of them instead of the tried and true variety which I know for a fact is preferable for my needs . . . and I regret it.

As I was thinking about this, when I was shampooing my hair this morning, it reminded me of how we all know exactly what is good for us and what works to meet our needs. Yet, how many times have we veered from our straight and narrow to try something new even though we know ahead of time that it probably won't be good for us?

It was kind of a New Year's reminder to me that staying the course is always the straightest path and even when something out of sinc seems to be fun, interesting, different . . . will it promote and strenghthen our goals?

No comments: