Sunday, December 4, 2011

Sticky Cinnamon rolls in the immediate future . . .?

Home from Mass and thinking positive thoughts about making some sticky bun cinnamon roll type of treat for the family today. I looked at several recipes and decided to go with my usual way of mixing flour, yeast, water, sugar, butter, and milk. The difference is that I will put a thick glaze in the bottom of the pan so when I turn the pan of baked rolls over, the gooey goodness pours over the cinnamon rolls. This is a project in the planning stage so will let you know.

This morning, the recessional hymn was "Soon and Very Soon" which sounded like the title of a Gospel Spiritual to me. The tempo of the sung version by the choir was not Gospel so I looked it up when I got home. http://youtu.be/lmGiu9JfbIs Big difference but I don't think Father will allow quite the exuberance required for a good rendition of the spiritual. I have, however, found a composer that I wouldn't mind having a CD of his music. It wasn't, to my thinking, appropriate to the Mass but it is a catchy song.

Very cold today but with bright sunshine. If you stand in the sun, you won't freeze too much.

My husband just saw a stray cat in our yard and chastised the dog for not chasing it away. The dog, sleeping in her bed inside the door, was confused as she wasn't even outside and what cat? Our last two dogs did not like cats at all. I'm not sure how Chick would respond but I'm not taking any chances in case the cat has already used up eight of her nine lives.

No comments: