Saturday, December 24, 2011

Making Candy . . .


I didn't get to make all the candy recipes I was interested in doing but I got an assortment that made up pretty boxes for gift giving tomorrow after Mass. I've posted all the recipes you see here but if anyone can't find it or wonder about a particular one pictured, let me know. The favorite of my children is the chocolate-covered peanut butter balls. Personally, I really liked the fresh orange sections simmered in sugar water, dried a bit, and then sugared. I like orange slice jelly candies but this beats them! Peppermint bark turned out different this year as I tried another type of peppermint candy inclusion that was softer than the usual crushed candy canes. It made the bark have a swirl design that looked festive. The fudge turning out well is always a given as the recipe is easy and you don't need to use a candy thermometer to gauge the perfect time to take it off the heat. I also pictured one of the completed candy boxes.

In spite of the busy morning, one of my daughter and I got to spend an hour with friends when we delivered a box of homemade candy to them. My friend was waiting for two of her sons to return from the store so she could go on with her own baking and I was done for the day. A nice break to catch up on our lives.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: