Saturday, December 24, 2011

Blessings on the Eve of Christmas . . .

The moment is upon us . . . Tomorrow is Christmas! It is time to thank God for our blessings and pray for those who have not been as fortunate in this quickly dwindling year. Next week, is the beginning of a new year . . . a scary thought as many of us have yet to come to terms with all that 2011 has brought us. The world doesn't seem to be getting any better yet God is still in and of the world and we need to pray that more people seek Him out and exhibit more Christian charity to family, friends, and neighbors.

Except for preparing for Mass, tomorrow, and all my usual mom stuff re. fixing dinner, etc., I am pretty much ready for Christmas. I dreamed about a dinner I wanted to make and was shocked and pleased to find the protein ingredient on sale at the store! An extra Christmas gift for me - getting to try a new recipe for Christmas dinner.

Finally, going to make some fudge, peppermint bark . . . and who knows what else today. It's my 'third' dessert for our Christmas party the day after Christmas.

Lots of cleaning to do as I want to greet the feast day with a clean heart and house . . . or, at least, get a clean starting place for the litter of Christmas morning!

We are blessed to have children all in various stages of college but I miss the shopping at the toy store for them. Can you believe it? Not a one of them wanted a teddy bear or a jump rope this year! Go figure on that one!

I see that I have exceeded my computer time and the chores await. I hope and pray that everyone has the most blessed of feast days and that 2012 will be happy, productive, and blessed for each and everyone of us.

No comments: