Saturday, November 19, 2011

Saturday Evening . . .

Fixing an easy dinner this evening so have time to catch up on other chores. My younger daughter is coming home for the Thanksgiving week so I got her bedding washed, her bed made up, and cleaned her room. I realized that she hadn't been home since January and missed her even while knowing we'd see her tomorrow. Children grow up too fast.

My crocheting order is nearing completion but I got inspired to start another shawl for a Christmas gift so my crochet hook won't have time to cool down yet. Meanwhile, my lastest quilt awaits the last of the hand sewing but it will have to continue it's wait until I mail off the shawls.

For the first time in years, it looks like there is cold rain in the forecast for Thanksgiving Day. I don't mind but will pray that traveling people will all safely arrive at their destinations that day. Most years, we've had to turn on the air conditioning. The smell of roasting turkey isn't quite the same when it is 80 degrees or more outside.

I just ran across this ancient tip for making a cute salad presentation. Uh, I can just imagine my husband's face if the company dinner table was faced with this!

Make a base of one slice of canned pineapple. Half a banana forms the candle and a cherry the flame. Salad dressing dripped over the banana serves as the melting 'wax'.

Perhaps for a children's party?

No comments: