Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Quilting is happening today . . . I think!

A productive but busy day kept my sewing machine covered and lonely, yesterday. After posting the oatmeal cookie recipe on the blog, I was moved to make said cookies! My teen son asked me to get him some baked treats at the store and I decided that taking the time at home was less expensive and better. It was! I didn't have the pecans called for and used toasted almonds which was perfect for our tastes.

While watching television, I did, finally, complete three prayer shawls I've been working on for the last few months. They have been a fill-in project when my hands weren't full of quilting projects. I finished the fringe on the last one and now have three Christmas gifts for three, dear friends.

I do have an order for a prayer pouch to do but want to get back to my lastes crazy quilt. I'm happy with it, so far, as it seems to be falling together well. I'm on to sewing the borders on each square right now. Don't know how far I will get this week as we have religion class with our pastor this Thursday as well as a booster vaccine for my son and his college assessment test. The week seems to fill up without me even doing a thing to fill in the calender!

Going with baked chicken enchiladas for dinner only I'm using flour tortillas. I saw the recipe for the tortillas on the refrigerator door and it reminded me. The more I can avoid running into the store just for one item, the better off for the budget. I don't know about you all but once I'm in the store, the grocery cart often accumulates more than the one items I needed. Hey, I'm luck if I get home and actually remembered the required item! Yeah, store-bought flour tortillas are about two dollars - temptation is a whole lot more!

No comments: