Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Dinner Prep in PIctures!

Showing off my dinner workings of earlier in the week. All I had was tomatoes, canned chilies, some chicken, flour, and cheese . . . and I was able to turn it into dinner. The fun part was presenting a dish where I had made my own tortillas. Yes, a bit of effort but tastier and cheaper than the ones from the store . . . and I didn't have to make a trip to the store to obtain them. I posted that recipe and it is easy and a fun one to share when the children want time in the kitchen with you. My husband got one plate of leftovers before my son finished off the rest!

A culinary clue: When I made the sauce, I braised the cloves of garlic in a bit of olive oil until they were soft and golden and then ground them into the tomatoes before setting it all to simmer. It seems to take the bitter edge off the garlic and bring out the taste. I do that when I make garlic spread for bread, too. No vampires visiting our house! :-)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: