Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Completed Project!

My reason to 'be' is confirmed . . . I finished a long-standing project without mishap or mistake. Initially, I miscalculated the amount of fabric so had to shelve the project until coupons, sales, and a payday arrived and gave permission for a trip to the fabric store. Mission completed!

This is a Christmas tree skirt. You know, something to lay around the base of the tree to look pretty along with the gifts and to avoid that bare look when there is no longer any gifts sitting there. I decided to incorporate Our Lady of Guadeloupe into it. The colors on the 'showing' side just came together with the deep red contracting with the dark green and gold highlights here and there. I've always wanted to make one and finally took the time and effort to fulfill my ambition. Nope, not going under our tree. This is being offered on my Yahoo site. My sewing habit is supported by my sales.

Back to work now. I have a pile of quilts that need various stages of attention and it isn't often have a relatively free day in which to 'play' with my ideas and fabric. A Blessed Day!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: