Thursday, August 11, 2011

Miracles?

As is my habit the last few weeks, I call the community college and try to get an assessment test appointment for my son. Even though he can't get in for the Fall semester, I want everything in place in case he gets a class or two in the Spring. Got through on the first ring and actually have an appointment . . . four weeks after classes begin. Hey, it's progress. Sometimes, God sends His blessings in small groups. I'll definitely take this one and be thankful.

We are still working with going through an on-line set of classes but they won't accept a homeschooling diploma. My son is planning to take the GED to avoid any future problems to getting a start on college. I was even able to find a new GED study guide with a CD-Rom for $16 total.

I think this is the day I get to do some serious sewing. All that stand between me and an entire afternoon of sewing is a six-pound package of ground beef that needs to be turned into meatloaves and meatballs for the freezer. I'm keeping in mind the fact that it should not be considered a burden but a blessing that we have the meat. Okay, I'm trying to keep a straight face because it is still my least favorite job in the kitchen!

No comments: