Friday, July 15, 2011

Was he absent for that class?

I was rather startled this morning after Mass. We have Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament every Friday after the regular morning Mass. It is a nice moment as we sing a hymn while Father reposes the Blessed Sacrament on the altar and extra candles are lit in honor of our Lord. Before he leaves the altar, Father and the altar boys take a moment to kneel in prayer before the altar. We have a new deacon helping out and I was rather surprised when he plunked himself down on a chair while the rest knelt. Was he tired? He didn't look ill. Did he wonder why the others were kneeling and should he wonder given how soon he will be coming to his ordination? Fortunately, we have an extremely good pastor and I'm sure he will notice and give counsel to the young man but one does have to wonder about the education provided for in our seminaries. Even as a very small child, I knew my knees had better hit the floor when Jesus graced us with His physical presence like that. Someone to add to my prayer list!

No comments: